HiQ Easy Tyre & Autocentres Nottingham’s 5 Minute Car Check
Our expert staff at HiQ Easy Tyre & Autocentres Nottingham, have put together a 5 minute car check, which has been designed to help you keep your car in tip top condition this spring and help you prepare as best you can if you’re planning a spontaneous road trip during the up-coming bank holidays...
Nottingham centre manager, Paul Woodin says, “Make sure you look after your car by completing this simple 5 minute check. This will help to keep you safe and hopefully avoid breakdowns and mechanical issues – leaving you to roll down the windows, turn on the radio and enjoy the drive this spring...”
- Check the fluids in your car – Checking the oil, coolant and brake fluid levels will help avoid a breakdown or nasty accident. If the oil is due to be replaced, do it before a long journey. Topping it up isn’t the same as an oil change. You’ll need to ensure all the sludge is removed in order to keep your engine running smoothly.
- Tyre air pressure – You’ll find your recommended tyre pressures in your car manual. Keeping your tyres inflated to the correct pressure is essential for your safety as well as tyre longevity and fuel economy.
- Tyre tread wear – Ensure you have adequate tread on your tyres regularly. The chances of a blowout are much higher if your tyre has low tread. You can also risk receiving a fine if your tyre tread is below the legal limit of 1.6mm.
- Check the air filter – Did you know you can improve your engine’s performance just by offering it a plentiful supply of clean air. Filters are usually cheap to buy and simple to replace too.
- Wash your car – Grab the hose and give it a drenching. As well as making it more visually appealing, giving your car a good clean will improve visibility when driving.
- Check that all lights and signals work effectively – It’s most frustrating when other road users aren’t signalling correctly. Don’t be a road nuisance; make sure all yours are in full working order for safety’s sake.
Our HiQ Easy Tyre & Autocentres Nottingham branch is located to ideally serve Nottingham and nearby areas such as Nuthall, Broxtowe, Bobbers Mill, Daybrook Square, Cinderhill, Highbury Vale, Old Basford, Whitemoor, Aspley, Bulwell and Sherwood.
Other Services offered at our Nottingham branch include: Tyres, Exhausts, MOT Testing, Brakes, Batteries, Wheel Alignment, Servicing and Mobile Fitting. Contact the staff at HiQ Easy Tyre & Autocentres Nottingham with any questions you might have.
Winter tyres may seem like an extra and perhaps unnecessary expense to UK residents as we do not usually suffer the extreme temperatures and weather conditions as other countries, such as Germany, where it is a legal requirement to switch to winter tyres when seasons change.
Did you know battery faults are a common cause of breakdown? Furthermore, when cold weather hits, your battery is more likely to fail. HiQ Easy Tyre & Autocentres have put together some helpful advice for looking after your battery this winter and decrease your chance of having a car related breakdown or problem.